Staff Nurses Bachelor Degree level Staff Nurses Associate level
Positions available in following specialties: SURGICAL, MEDICAL, PEDIATRIC, MATERNITY WARDS
And EMERGENCY ROOM
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 187 member National Societies. The Organisation acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality).
The ongoing crisis in Syria has resulted in migration of over 2 million refugees to neighboring countries. In Jordan, many refugees seek refuge in camps. As the existing camps are nearing saturation, the Jordanian authorities have opted for the creation of a new refugee camp in Azraq, which is due to open on April 30. 2014..
The Red Cross/Crescent was approached by stakeholders to setup a referral level hospital facility. This hospital functions as a secondary level health care facility in Azraq camp and the beneficiaries are the Syrian refugee population residing in the camp.
The hospital consists of one operating theater, a delivery suite, inpatient wards and treatment areas, an x-ray and a laboratory. It also provides an outpatient department for referral consultations as well as an emergency room. The hospital is planned to open with 40 beds and the bed capacity will gradually increase as the camp population increases.
Staff Nurse Position Purpose:
• Promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and other multidisciplinary and international team members; providing direct care for patients under the supervision of the nursing team leader.
Description of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assures good quality care delivered to patients by adhering to established nursing care standards and treatment protocols set by the National Health Authority
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient records per established standards
• Maintains safe patient care practices as set by the State Board of Nursing and
Skills and Qualifications:
• Registered nurse in Jordan (Degree level or Associate level licensed nurse)
• Good level of spoken and written English
• Clinical nursing experience/ skills in one or more of the following specialties: surgical nursing, internal medicine nursing, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, emergency room nursing
• Up-to-date in clinical nursing
• Willingness to work in Azraq Refugee Camp during long hours and demanding conditions
• The hospital is new and with modern patient care facilities
• Willingness to work in 12 hour shifts / 48 hour working week
• Remote location allowance and transport between Amman and Azraq will be provided by employer
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2014 – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer